What does it do?
The betterworks Outlook integration allows you to interact with your own or other team members’ Objectives directly from the email. To install the add-in, you must be both a Super Admin in betterworks and an Admin for your Outlook account.
- Email server is hosted within your network or Office 365
- Supported versions of Outlook
- Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1 or later
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2016 or later
- Outlook on the Web
Creating the Add-In
- Add the betterworks Outlook Add-in to your Exchange Server or Office 365
- Click here for Exchange Server directions
- Click here for Office 365 directions
- Add via URL: https://app.betterworks.com/embed/outlook/manifest.xml
- Confirm that the betterworks Add-in is configured for your preference - click here for directions on how to manage user access to add-ins for Outlook in Exchange Online - see below for explanations of each:
- Optional, enabled by default - Use this setting if you would like to add betterworks Add-in into everyone's email view, but can be disabled by the user individually
- Optional, disabled by default - Use this setting if you would like to have each employee make the choice to go in and enable the betterworks Add-in
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this add-in - Use this setting if you would like to add betterworks Add-in into everyone's email view, and not allow your users to disable the add-in
- If the setting is set to Optional, Add-ins can be managed by the end-user, with the below instructions.
How to Enable/Disable as an End User
- Navigate to Manage Add-ins:
- If in the desktop app - Log in to Outlook and select File > Manage Add-ins or Manage Apps.
- If in the web app - Click the settings icon on the top right and click Manage Add-ins
- Under My Add-ins make updates to the betterworks for Email Add-in
Viewing the Add-In
Open the right side-panel by clicking on the betterworks icon and selecting a Teammate's Goals or My Goals.
If in the desktop app, you should see two buttons with the betterworks logo on the right of your top toolbar. If in the web app, click into any email and you should see a betterworks logo at the top right of the email.
You'll need to login, so click "Log In" to enable your credentials. You should now see Objectives populated for either yourself or your teammate, based on what email you are currently viewing.
Using the Add-In
- Hover your mouse pointer over a Goal to reveal its Comment and Check In options.
- Update your Goal progress by clicking Update.
To see Goals of your colleagues, open an email from them in your Outlook window and select Teammate's Goals. You can hover over their Goals and Cheer, Nudge, Comment, and other actions.