What does it do?
The Outlook Integration allows you to always have goals top of mind. This will allow you to see not only your goals, but also the goals of your colleagues. Below are instructions on how to set this up for your organization.
- Integration Requirements
- Admin to create the add-in for your organization
- Users to Enable/Disable BetterWorks Add-in for Outlook
- User to Enable Credentials for the BetterWorks Add-in
- How to leverage the BetterWorks Add-in
- Email server is hosted within your network
- Supported versions of Outlook
- Outlook 2013 Service Pack 1 or later
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2016 or later
- Outlook on the Web
Admin to create the add-in for your organization
- Add the BetterWorks Outlook Add-in to your exchange server - click here for directions
- Confirm that the BetterWorks Add-in is configured for your preference - click here for directions and below for explanations of each:
- Optional, enabled by default - Use this setting if you would like add BetterWorks Add-in into everyone's email view, but can be disabled by the user individually
- Optional, disabled by default - Use this setting if you would like to have each employee make the choice to go in and enable the BetterWorks Add-in
- Mandatory, always enabled. Users can’t disable this add-in - Use this setting if you would like add BetterWorks Add-in into everyone's email view, and not allow your users to disable the add-in
- If the setting is set to Optional, Add-ins can be managed with the below instructions
Users to Enable/Disable BetterWorks Add-in for Outlook
- Navigate to Manage Add-ins:
- If in the desktop app - Log in to Outlook and select File > Manage Add-ins or Manage Apps.
- If in the web app - Click the settings icon on the top right and click Manage Add-ins
- Under My Add-ins make updates to the BetterWorks for Email Add-in
User to Enable Credentials for the BetterWorks Add-in
- Open the right side-panel by clicking on the BetterWorks icon and selecting Teammate's Goals or My Goals
- If in the desktop app - You should see two buttons with the BetterWorks logo on the right of your top toolbar
- If in the web app - Click into any email, and you should see BetterWorks logo to the right at the top of the email
- Click Log In to enable your credentials (it will initiate a pop-up window)
- You should now see goals populated for either yourself or your teammate
How to leverage the BetterWorks Add-in
- Hover your mouse pointer over a goal to reveal its Comment and Check In options.
- Enter progress by after clicking the Check In button by typing a value in the field and saving.
- To see goals of your colleagues, open an email from them in your Outlook window and select Teammate's Goals. You can hover over their goals and Cheer, Nudge, Comment, and other actions.