Our mobile app offers many of the same features and functionality as our web application. However, there are some interface and feature differences that you should be aware of. The Betterworks mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store by searching for "Betterworks".
Note: There is also a legacy app called "Betterworks - OKRs Edition". However, we encourage you to download the latest Betterworks mobile app to experience the enhanced functionality:
Goals (aka Objectives)
You will be able to view the "My Goals" and "Team Goals" views and create new goals. Team Goals are separated by risk state (i.e. red, yellow, and green). Tap any goal to see its milestones (aka key results), comments, details, and history. Tap any milestone to update its progress:
Swipe over the faces at the top of the screen to choose which conversations you'd like to view and tap any conversation to begin. If enabled by your administrator, you can access anytime conversations here too by tapping the "Create" button at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to create a conversation using a template designed by your administrator for more ad-hoc coaching:
As a manger, if a direct report has been assigned to you after a scheduled conversation cycle has launched (and the previous manager did not provide responses), you can take ownership of the direct report's conversation:
Here, you have the ability to:
- View scheduled feedback under the "Request" tab
- View questions and add/edit providers
- View the due date for the providers and also when the request was created
- View requested scheduled feedback under the "Give - To Do" tab and complete requests
- View scheduled feedback under the "Give - Completed" tab
- Save feedback as a draft under the "Give - To Do" tab
- View all received scheduled feedback under the "View" tab (managers only)
- View direct reports feedback by selecting their names from the drop-down in the "View" tab (managers only)
- Add or edit providers for direct reports under the "Request" tab (managers only)
Here you can view both the recognition you've received as well as the recognition your other team members have received.
Which systems are supported?
- Android 4.1 (API 16) or above
- iOS 8.0 or above
What types of controls do users have on the Betterwors mobile app?
- Any user can download the app
- Program management settings and nomenclature will be respected
- Specific permissions (e.g. goal privacy) will be reflected
Will I receive push notifications?
Yes, if you enable them. You can do so by tapping the bell icon on the homepage in the iOS version of the app. For the Android version, notifications are automatically enabled.
I have the Betterworks mobile app and Gmail, but whenever I receive an email notification from Betterworks, it takes me to my mobile internet browser. How can I change this?
In order to change this, open your Gmail app, then go to:
Settings → General Settings → "Open web links in Gmail" (uncheck)