The Betterworks mobile app offers many of the same features and functionality as our web application. However, there are some interface and feature differences that you should be aware of. The Betterworks mobile app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store by searching for "Betterworks".
User Login & Homepage
Provided that objective permissions are configured in such a way that you have view or edit access, you can:
- Create an objective and/or key result
- View your objectives and/or key results
- View your objectives that were recently due
- Update progress of objective and/or key result
- View team objectives categorized by risk (i.e. on track, at risk, and needs attention)
- Search for and view any public objectives within your organization
Provided that the conversation templates are configured in such a way that you have view or edit access, you can:
- Create an anytime conversation
- View anytime and scheduled conversations
- Respond to anytime and scheduled conversations
Provided that the feedback templates are configured in such a way that you have view or edit access, you can:
- Request anytime feedback for yourself or your direct report reports
- View anytime and scheduled feedback that you've been given
- View anytime and scheduled feedback that your direct report has been given
- Give anytime and scheduled feedback
- View anytime and scheduled feedback that you've given
- Edit scheduled feedback provider list for yourself or your direct reports
- View anytime and scheduled feedback questions for yourself or your direct reports
- Give recognition
- View recognition given to you
- VIew all recognition given within your organization
Which mobile operating systems are supported?
- Android 4.1 API 16 or above
- iOS 8.0 or above
Are there restrictions on who can download the Betterworks mobile app?
No. Any user can download the app.
Will previously established settings and permissions be respected in the Betterworks mobile app?
- Program management settings (including naming) will be respected
- Specific permissions (i.e. objective permissions) will be respected
Does goal locking apply in the mobile app?
Yes, goal locking does apply in the mobile app. For more information on goal locking, see this article.
Will I receive push notifications?
Yes, if you enable them. You can do so by tapping the bell icon on the homepage in the iOS version of the app. For the Android version, notifications are automatically enabled.
I have the Betterworks mobile app and Gmail, but whenever I receive an email notification from Betterworks, it takes me to my mobile internet browser. How can I change this?
In order to change this, open your Gmail app, then go to:
Settings → General Settings → "Open web links in Gmail" (deselect)