Our mobile app offers much of the same features and functionality as our web application. However, there are some interface nuances and feature differences you should be aware of. The Betterworks app can be downloaded normally from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store by searching "Betterworks".
Note: There is also a legacy app called "Betterworks - OKRs Edition". However, users will want to download the new Betterworks app to experience the new functionality and improvements:
Goals (aka Objectives)
You will be able to see the "My Goals" and "Team Goals" views, as well as a way to create new goals. Team Goals are separated by risk state (i.e. red, yellow and green). Tap any goal to see its milestones, any comments, details and the history of its activity. Tap any milestone to update its progress:
Swipe over the faces at the top of the screen to choose which conversations you want to view and tap any conversation to begin. If enabled by your administrator, you can utilize the Anytime Conversations feature here too, by clicking the "Create" button at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to create a conversation using a template designed by your administrator for more ad-hoc coaching:
As a manger, if a direct report has been assigned to you after a scheduled conversation cycle has launched (and the previous manager did not provide responses), you can take ownership of the direct report's conversation:
Here, you have the ability to:
- View scheduled feedback in Mobile under the "Request" tab
- See questions and add/edit providers
- See the due date for the providers and also when the request was created
- View requested scheduled feedback under the "Give - To Do" tab and complete requests
- View scheduled feedback under "Give - Completed" tab
- Save feedback as a draft which will be visible under the "Give - To Do" tab
- View all received scheduled feedback under "View" tab (managers only)
- View direct reports feedback by selecting their names in the drop down in the "View" tab (managers only)
- Add or edit provider for direct report under "Request" tab (managers only)
Here you can view both the recognition you've received as well as the recognition your other team members have received.
Which systems are supported?
- Android 4.1 (API 16) or above
- iOS 8.0 or above
What kind of controls does the admin have on app usage?
- Any user can download the app
- Program management settings and nomenclature will be respected.
- Specific permissions (e.g. goal privacy) will be reflected as expected in the app
Will I receive push notifications?
Yes, if you enable them. You can do so by clicking the bell icon on the homepage in iOS. For Android, notifications are automatically enabled.
I have the Betterworks mobile app and Gmail, but whenever I receive an email notification from Betterworks, it takes me to my mobile internet browser. How can I change this?
In order to change this, open your Gmail app, then go to:
Settings → General Settings → "Open web links in Gmail" (uncheck)