Goal locking allows administrators to prevent goals and milestones from being edited, created, or deleted after a certain date in the organization's business period.
To enable goal locking, go to Admin → Program Management → Goals → Settings → Lock
Note: If you're a Super Admin who would like access to goal locking, please contact your Program Architect, Customer Success Manager, or the Support Team — firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Super Admins and Admins are not impacted by goal locking, they retain all of their previous abilities. HR Admins do not.
As a user, you can do the following while the goal lock is on:
- Rename your goal or milestone
- Clone a goal (future business period only)
- Follow another user's goal
- Add, update, or delete your goal's categories
- Edit your goal's scope
- Edit your goal's type
- Add, update, or delete your goal's participants
- Add, update, or delete your goal's followers
- Comment on your goal or milestone
- Comment on another user's goal or milestone
- Cheer nudge another user's goal
- Share any goal
- Assess your goal or milestone
- Score your goal or milestone
- End your goal early
As a user, you cannot do the following while the goal lock is on:
- Align your goal
- Edit your goal or milestone's progress settings
- Reassign your goal or milestone
- Edit your goal or milestone's start/due dates
- Add a milestone to your goal
- Convert your milestone into a goal
- Clone a goal (current business period)
- Change your goal's weight (if your goal is weighted)
- Move your milestone to another goal
- Delete your goal or milestone
When goal locking is on, some program emails related to goals will not be sent if their configuration interferes with the goal locking period.