Filters & Custom Views
What are filters and how do they function?
When you apply a set of filters to an objective list, you’re creating a view. You can save custom views for later use or update existing views and save the changes.
Create a custom view
1. Click the "Objectives" module in the top toolbar.
2. Click "Show filters" to expose customization options. Doing so will change the display to "Hide filters".
3. If you are creating a view of objectives that you don't own, be sure remove the "Owner" filter:
4. Add additional filters to create the view and click "Save as New":
5. Enter a name for the filter and click "Save":
Note: You can copy/paste the URL of your view to share it with others.
6. The filter will appear as a new tab to the right of the 4 main tabs. As you add additional filters, this tab will become a drop-down:
- The "Categories" filter displays the most commonly used categories, but users can search for other categories to filter by.
- The "Department" filter shows only the largest departments, but users can search for other departments to filter by.
Find Missing Objectives
Objective gone missing? Here are (2) ways to find it:
Toggle to a different quarter
By default, the Objectives list page shows objectives that are active "Today". However, you can toggle to a previous or future quarter:
Filter for Individual objectives
If toggling to a different quarter doesn't bring up the objective that you're looking for, go to "Advanced Filters" and search for the objective by name:
Other Ways to Visualize Objectives
The default way to visualize your objectives is in a list:
However, you can switch to an alignment chart:
Or a dashboard:
Objectives can be exported to either PowerPoint (PPT) or Excel (XLS):
Note: PPT files can be opened in Google Slides and XLS files can be opened Google Sheets.