- Configuring the Gmail extension
- Using the Gmail extension for your own OKRs
- View your coworkers' OKRs
- Search for a coworker
With the Betterworks Gmail extension you can add this to check-ins and comments on your OKRs directly from your email. In addition:
- Users can search for any employee and check their OKRs, give and request feedback
- Managers can easily find the direct reports and latest search on the search page
- Easily check the OKRs of employees from whom you have received an email
- Update and comment on your own OKRs from the extension itself
- Comment, cheer and nudge other's OKRs and tag others in the comment
- Navigate easily to an aligned parent objective with one click
- See when you last received feedback on the extension homepage
- See when you last gave an employee feedback to a user when you search for the individual user
Note: In order for the Gmail extension to work properly, you'll need to ensure that your organization's business calendar is in the future.
Configuring the Gmail extension
If you're adding the Betterworks Gmail extension for the first time, follow the steps below to configure:
1. Click "Add to Chrome"
2. Click "Log In" on the right-side panel of your inbox and enter your Betterworks login credentials
If you previously had the Betterworks Gmail extension in Chrome, follow the steps below to configure:
1. Uninstall the old extension from the chrome browser if the old extension exists
2. Click the extensions icon on the Chrome browser and click on 3 dots against the extension to remove it
3. Go the new extension
4. Click "Add to Chrome"
5. Click "Log In" in the right-side panel of your inbox and enter your Betterworks login credentials
Using the Gmail extension for your own OKRs
1. View your OKRs in the panel on the right-side panel of your Inbox
2. Click on the OKR to display the list of key results
3. Enter your update, you can also add a comment
4. Click Update button to save your changes
View Your Coworkers' OKRs
1. Click on any emails from coworkers to see their OKRs
2. Click View More link to display the list of OKRs (will only show public OKRs)
3. You can Cheer, Nudge, and comment on the user's OKRs:
Search for a coworker
1. Click on the search icon and find the recent search
2. Select the recent search or direct report to view their OKRs or type the name of the coworker:
- Users can see the count of active conversations in the Gmail extension
- When clicked for details you should be able to see the scheduled conversation and Anytime conversation list with due dates
- Users can navigate to see all the active conversations on the web
- Users can navigate to specific conversation details on the web
By clicking Request Feedback you can select which feedback template you would like to use and view the questions that will be sent to the feedback provider.
1. Select the providers that you would like to request feedback from
2. Click on Request to submit the request:
You can click the Give Feedback pop-up modal which will take you to the Feedback → Give section of the Betterworks web app or give feedback directly in the extension:
If an email is received from someone outside the organization, what data will be shown?
Viewing emails from people outside of your organization will default the extension to show your name and information.
If in an email multiple people are added, what data will be shown?
Whoever most recently replied to the email will show by default on the extension. You can navigate to other user's OKRs by using the search icon.
Note: You can automatically install Chrome extensions for users in your organization.