- Configure the Gmail Extension
- View & Update Your Own Goals & Milestones
- View Other Users' Goals & Milestones
- Search for A User
With the Betterworks Gmail extension, users can:
- View and update their own goals and milestones
- View other users' goals and milestones
- Comment, cheer, and nudge other users' goals and milestones
- Request feedback from other users
- Request feedback from other users on behalf of their direct reports (managers only)
- Give feedback to other users
Configure the Gmail Extension
Adding the Gmail extension for the first time? Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the latest extension.
2. Click "Add to Chrome".
3. Click "Log In" on the right-side panel of your inbox.
4. Enter your Betterworks login credentials.
Have the old Gmail extension? Follow the steps below:
1. Remove the existing extension.
2. Go to the latest extension.
3. Click "Add to Chrome".
4. Click "Log In" in the right-side panel of your inbox.
5. Enter your Betterworks login credentials:
Note: In order for the Gmail extension to function properly, you'll need to ensure that your organization's business calendar is in the future.
View & Update Your Own Goals & Milestones
Once you're logged in, the panel will display your OKRs by default:
1. Click on the goal to display the list of key results.
2. Enter your update (you can also add a comment).
3. Click the "Update" button to save your changes.
View Other Users' Goals & Milestones
1. Click on any email from another user in your organization.
2. Click the "View More" link to display a list of their public OKRs.
3. You can cheer, nudge, and comment.
Search for A User
Click on the magnifying glass icon and begin typing the user's name.
Users can see the count of active conversations with due dates.
By clicking "Request Feedback" users can select a feedback template and view the questions that will be sent to the feedback provider.
1. Select the providers.
2. Click the "Request" button.
By clicking the "Give Feedback" pop-up modal, users can go to the Feedback → Give page of the Betterworks web application or give feedback directly in the extension:
Can I add the Gmail extension for everyone in my organization?
Yes, provided that you have the proper permissions. See this Google article for more information.
What does the Gmail extension show if I click on an email from someone outside the organization?
You'll see your own name and Betterworks data.
If an email thread has multiple users, what data will be shown?
You'll see the goals of the user who replied last.