What you'll need:
- BetterWorks admin rights.
- Spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- A text editor such as TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (PC).
- CSV template download at the bottom of this article.
Create User CSV File
1) Note required columns for the User CSV file.
|Column||Description||Required or Optional|
| Email address of the employee. Must be a company domain
|first_name||First name of the employee||Required|
|last_name||Last name of the employee||Required|
|employee_id||Unique employee identifier if used by your organization||Optional|
|deactivation_date||The date an employee has left your organization||Required|
2) Ensure your CSV contains the required columns, and "deactivation date" fields entered for those users to be deleted.
Accepted Date Formats for Deactivation Date:
3) Save CSV file and open it in a text editor.
4) Inspect for superfluous commas (for example: ",,,,,").
5) Remove superfluous commas from CSV file.
6) Save CSV file.
Upload Users CSV File
1) Login as an Admin.
2) Navigate to Admin > Department and User CSV
3) Upload User CSV file.
Make sure there are no superfluous commas in the CSV file. Determine this by opening the file in a text editor such as TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (PC).