How do I align my Goals?
Goal alignment is based on your Goals' and Milestones' contributions to other Goals. You can increase alignment in a few easy ways:
- Navigate to the Goal list and find Goals that you own.
- Click on the "..." additional actions button next to the goal and select Quick Edit.
- In the Edit panel, scroll down and select the Alignment option and then Align this Goal to another.
- Search and select the Goal you wish to contribute to.
- Click Save.
By aligning Objective to Objective, you will create nested Objectives. For example, if you align your Objective to one of your manager's Objectives, your Objective will be nested under theirs. Although it appears in the same way a Key Result would, it is functioning as a nested Objective.
- Navigate to the Goal list and find the Goal you want to contribute to.
- Click Add a Milestone at the bottom of the Goal.
- Enter a name for the Milestone
- If applicable, change the owner, set a target metric, select an integration, or add a due date.
- Click the Save button.
Can I align my Goal to another person's Milestone?
No. By definition, only a Goal can have Milestones, so you must first Convert the Milestone into a Goal. If your Team has Goals and they want to have individual Goals contribute to their Team's Goal, those must be nested as child Goals of the parent (Team) Goal.
Can I assign a public Goal to a private Goal?
Yes, and the private Goal will inherit the public Goal’s permissions. The user will be alerted of this permission change before confirming the change.
Can I align a private Goal to a public Goal?
No. You cannot align private Goals to public ones. Make the private Goal public to align it with a public Goal.