How do I request deletion of my personal information from Betterworks?
If you’d like to permanently delete your personal information from the Betterworks application, place a request with your Company Administrator to delete your information. The ability to delete an individual’s personal information is a part of the recently created General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What gets deleted?
When a request is placed to delete employee information, the identifying information tied to the following fields will be changed to display ‘Anonymous User’, content from activities within the Betterworks platform will not be deleted (e.g., Goals, Milestones, Notes, Feedback, Recognition, Conversations, etc.).
- Employee’s Name
- Employee’s Job Title
- Employee’s Email
- Employee’s Picture
- Employee’s Office Location
- Employee’s Office Phone Number
- Information in the “Tell Me About Yourself” text field
Why is some information not deleted?
In order to preserve historical references and avoid confusion for other employees in your company, content from activities within the Betterworks platform will not be deleted when an employee requests that their personal information be deleted.
Submitting a Request
Note: Betterworks can only delete your personal information at the request of your Company Administrator.
1. Confirm your Betterworks Company Administrator (this could be someone in the Human Resources function at your company).
2. Place a request with your Company Administrator to delete your personal information.
3. Your Company Administrator will then contact Betterworks to submit a request on behalf of you.
Subject line: The subject line of the email or ticket should indicate the type of request being made:
- "Request to opt out of data collection/processing", AND/OR
- "Request to be forgotten"
Body: The body of the email or ticket must include the following information:
- Company Name: Name of Company
- Employee First and Last Name: Name of the data subject / employee for whom the data request is being made
- Employee Email Address: The email address of the End User for whom the data request is being made
4. Betterworks will provide confirmation that the request was received.
- You, as the End User, will receive an email notifying you that Betterworks has received a request to erase your personal information.
- The Company Administrator will receive a notification that Betterworks has received a request to delete the personal information associate with your account.
5. Betterworks will anonymize your personal information from the Betterworks application in accordance to GDPR.