In order to prepare your organization with sufficient training on both your OKR program and the Betterworks platform, we recommend following these steps.
- Program vision posted to internal wiki
- Program lead attends system training webinar
- Training material finalized
- OKR announcement email sent from executive sponsor
- Team meeting to educate on specifics of your program
- Executive training scheduled
- All-company training scheduled
- Final training delivered
1. Program vision posted to internal wiki
We encourage you to make all the program decisions you've made with your executive sponsor easily found by your team. That place is often a wiki of some kind, but make sure new hires and veteran employees know where the can find your program overview.
2. Program lead attends system training webinar
You can attend our regular system training webinar to learn how to deliver a basic training, and if you do little customization, you can use the recurring webinar to help onboard new hires. The webinar schedule can be found here.
3. Training material finalized
Using this training deck template, please add your program overview view slides and adjust the training in any way you see fit to personalize the training.
4. OKR announcement email sent from executive sponsor
Depending on the scope of your program, you may want a robust communication strategy for announcing the change and preparing teams for the upcoming training.
5. Team meeting to educate on specifics of your program (optional)
As part of an already scheduled all-hands meeting, you can start building excitement by discussing your program overview prior to a platform training.
6. Executive training scheduled
For the executive session, you may want to spend extra time to facilitate a workshop environment where ideas are created, discussed, and prioritized before finalization. An example facilitation guide can be found here:
7. All-company training scheduled
8. Final training delivered