- A Professional Service Package (as this must be completed on the backend)
- Spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- CSV template
If you're coming from another OKR platform and would like to upload existing OKRs into Betterworks, your Program Architect can assist with this process during onboarding.
Note: The terms "goal" and "milestone" must be used for import purposes, regardless of whether they are called objectives and key results (or other names) in the platform.
name: This is the short description of the goal or milestone and appears in the platform.
type: Indicates if the name value is a goal or milestone.
progress: Must remain and can be between 0 (leave blank) and 100. It is always a percentage value for import purposes, but can be edited to a different measure in the platform after import if needed.
start_date: Typically the start of the quarter, but can be any date if a goal started on a different date and can be in the past.
end_date: Typically the end of the quarter.
owner_email: The email address of the person who owns the goal or milestone. These email addresses need to exist in the platform connected to active users prior to import. Owners can be reassigned after import if needed. Only an individual can own a goal and milestone. If they are to be owned by teams or departments this needs to be updated manually after the import.
categories: Away of tagging a goal based on the categories pre-defined by an administrator. See this article for more information on categories. These can be added later if needed, or will need to exist prior in Betterworks to import if you want to include them. Semicolons are a separator for multiple categories.
description: Long description of a goal, which is displayed when people drill into a goal. This is an optional field and can be left blank if not needed. Only the type "goal" can have a description value. A description can contain commas and line breaks as well as html links.
- You will want to create a single file that contains all your goals and milestones listed in a way that the goal row has the milestone rows directly beneath it before the next goal row. It is the order of the rows that is used to group the milestones together under the goal above.
- This import process cannot be undone, so it's best practice to upload a sample of your data into your Preview environment first so you can review it and confirm that it looks correct.
- Users will be notified via email that they've been assigned to a goal and/or milestone.
It is possible to import a nest goal?
It is not.
Can I remove goals en masse if anything is done in error?
Goals cannot be removed in en masse.
Do I need the "private" column?
Yes, the "private" column is required. The goal must be marked as "True" for private or "False" for public. The True/False indicator cannot be applied to a milestone and therefore, must be left blank for milestone entries.