What does it do, and where can I find it?
The betterworks Outlook integration allows you to interact with your own or another team members’ Objectives directly from email. You can find it by opening the right side-panel and clicking on the betterworks icon.
If in the desktop app, you should see two buttons with the betterworks logo on the right of your top toolbar. If in the web app, click into any email and you should see betterworks logo at the top right of the email.
You'll need to login, so click "Log In" to enable your credentials. You should now see Objectives populated for either yourself or your teammate, based on what email you are currently viewing.
If you do not see the icon.... this means that either you do not have access to the extension, or you may have to enable it yourself.
How to Enable/Disable as an End User
- Navigate to Manage Add-ins:
- If in the desktop app, log in to Outlook and select File > Manage Add-ins or Manage Apps.
- If in the web app, click the settings icon on the top right and click Manage Add-ins.
- Under My Add-ins make updates to the betterworks for Email Add-in.
How do I use it?
- Hover your mouse pointer over a Goal/Objective to reveal its Comment and Check In options.
- Update your Objective progress by clicking Update.
To see Objectives of your colleagues, open an email from them in your Outlook window and select Teammate's Objectives. You can hover over their Objectives and Cheer, Nudge, Comment, and other actions.