The MS Teams integration allows you to enable notifications from Betterworks in MS Teams. This includes notifications about objective and key result activity, due dates for Conversations and Recognition they've received. It's a great way to ensure that key Betterworks activities remain top-of-mind in the channels that you're already communicating in.
How does the integration work?
After you have connected MS Teams to Betterworks, you can receive notifications on various activities:
- A user has commented, cheered or nudged your objective or key result
- You have open conversations that are due
- You have received recognition
How do I activate the integration?
- You must have an active Betterworks and MS Teams account.
- Your email in Betterworks must match your email address in your MS Teams account.
- Administrators need to enable the integration for their organization before individual users can enable it for their accounts.
1. Enable it in Betterworks (as an administrator):
Admin → Platform Configuration → Integrations → Third-party Integrations → Microsoft Teams → Settings
2. Add the Betterworks app in MS Teams:
3. Click "Sign-in" to be redirected to Betterworks where you'll be asked to "Authorize" access to your account:
4. Enable in Betterworks (as a user):
Profile drop-down menu → My Settings → Notifications → Integrations → Activate
5. Select notifications
6. Ensure that notifications have been enabled in MS Teams by typing the "enable"command:
The Betterworks app uses the following additional permissions to function in MS Teams:
"identity" - For user information
"messageTeamMembers" - To send messages to users