Creating Action Plans from Focus Areas (Recommended)
See this article for more information on adding focus areas.
Creating Standalone Action Plan
Click on the "Create Action Plan" button on the top-right corner of the Action Center
Select whether to create the action plan from a template or create your own action plan from scratch. If you select a template, all the information will be pre-populated and you can proceed the same way as you would when creating the action plan from a focus area:
- We have approx. 150 action item templates
- These templates are backed by leading industry and academic research (related research documentation are also available in the Resource URL section of the template for your reference) giving you scientific reasoning behind why the particular action plan is important and how that will help in improving your results
If you select "Create your own action plan from scratch":
- Give your action plan a name
- Description - Provide necessary details with steps that needs to be taken
- Resource URL - You have any academic backing for why this action plan needs to be done, you can enter it in this section
- Assign this action item to the applicable person along with a due date
- By default, this is set to 30 days from the date of creation, but can be changed
- Send Reminders - If this is checked, a notification will be sent to the assignee a set # of days before the due date
- By default, this is set to 7 days, but can be changed
- Notify On Overdue - If this is checked, a notification will be sent to the assignee a set # of days after the due date
- By default, this is set to 3 days, but can be changed
- Click "Create the Action Plan"
Note: If your organization is also using our Betterworks Core product, you can choose to add the action plan as an objective or key result for increased accountability, transparency and tracking.
Once the action plan has been completed, the assignee will need to mark it as such along with providing steps taken. They will also also rate themselves for the work done. If the work is done effectively, employee engagement scores will improve in the subsequent surveys.