Assigning Roles to users
User data can be updated from the admin credentials and these changes can be done anytime either during initial user upload or after the users have been uploaded they can be modified.
Roles can be assigned in 2 ways:
1. Assigning roles through UI (For single or few users)
- Step 1- Navigate to reports.gethyphen.com > User Management
- Step 2- Use the search bar to find the user needing revision
- Step 3- Click “Edit” next to that user (Or simply click on the record)
- Step 4- Edit window for the said record will open
- Step 5- In the dropdown for Role, select the desired role.
- Step 6- click “Save Changes”
Assigning Role to a user from UI
2. Assigning roles to Bulk users (Through CSV upload)
- Step 1- Make list of all users (email ID) which needs to be removed from system.
- Step 2- email ID is mandatory for adding or deleting users.
- Step 3- Create a new CSV file, with only the Header “email” and “role” and populate all data (refer image below)
- Step 4- The “role” column needs to be set to “user”, “admin”, “manager” or “superadmin” (All default roles will be small case and this is case sensitive)
- Step 5- Ensure columns and cells are formatted and Navigate to reports.gethyphen.com > User Management
- Step 6- Upload the prepared .csv file on User Management (using the ‘Add user’ button and upload CSV option)
- Step 7- Check email notification for any errors