You can now add up to 50 custom fields for your users with custom naming conventions that will display throughout the application. This is an "additive" feature on top of HRIS user management. Our recommendation is to add custom fields as needed to the user profile via the Admin module provided Admin → User Management →Departments and Users → Users → Custom Fields.
How To Add Custom Fields
In Admin → User Management → Users → Custom Fields:
- Click "+ Add another field"
- Give the field a key
- This is the key for the data and will be used in the CSV upload, HRIS integrations and API calls
- Give the field a label
- This is the label that will appear in reports and across Betterworks
- Save your changes
- You will now be able to add data during user creation or updates for this field via the Admin module, the HRIS integration and the API integration
Note: You will need to first add the key within the Betterworks Admin module for the information to be captured in the CSV or HRIS upload.
Adding a Key
- The "Custom Field Key" represents the header in the CSV file for user uploads
- It may not contain spaces
- Valid values are [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9] and underscore
- The "Custom Field Label" may contain spaces or special characters and is what users will see displayed throughout the application and in reports to represent this field
What if we have already utilized the available Custom 01-Custom 05 fields available?
The Custom 01-05 fields will remain in place, but cannot be renamed.
Who will be able to see the data included in the Custom fields?
Administrators with Super Admin permissions will be able to see this information via Admin Groups, Admin Reports and within Calibration.