The "My Settings" section is where each user can configure their personal Betterworks account:
Here, you can:
- Add your phone number
- Add a blurb
- Add a profile picture
- Update your password
- Note: If your organization is using Single Sign-On (SSO), you will not be able to update your password through Betterworks. Instead, you'll likely need to loop in a member of your organization's IT Team.
- Change your starting page
- Change the timezone
- Change the language
- Access the Preview environment
- Set notifications
One of the most important features here is the notifications. You can decide which notifications you'd like to receive via email. If you administrator has enabled Slack and/or Microsoft Teams, you'll have the option to select push notifications to those applications as well.
Note: If your administrator has made certain notifications mandatory, the checkboxes will be grayed out.
Objective Calendar Events: Receive calendar events for objectives based on their due date
- Calendar Invites
- Objectives that are overdue
Social Notifications: Updates when someone cheers, nudges, and comments on an objective
Comment Notifications: Updates when someone comments or @mentions in an objective
Activity on Objectives and Teams: Updates on modifications to objectives, key results, and metrics
- A manager modifies a direct's objective
- A user edits an objective
- A user deletes a contributing objective
- Manager digest
- Salesforce related emails
- Managers receive emails when their direct is deactivated
- Add or remove users as a contributor
Contributor Activity on Objectives: Activity on contributing objectives, key results and metrics
- Adding a contributor to an objective
- A contributor completes a contributing objective, key result, or metric
- Deleting an objective that contributes to another
Activity on Followed Objectives: Updates when someone completes or updates a followed objective
- Completes an objective
- Updates an objective
Activity on Objectives owned by Teams: Team members will receive when updates are made to objectives owned by teams
- Objective completions
Note: If a department or team owns an objective, our platform will always send emails to all members of that department or team for comments, cheers, nudges and progress updates. This can not be edited on the Notifications page.
Weekly Digests: Receive weekly planning digests
Note: Enabling "Batch emails sent in quick succession", will batch notifications together and minimize the number of emails received.